The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a Class I recall of Vyaire’s AirLife Humidification Chamber & Heated Breathing Circuit Kits due to manufacturing errors. Class I recalls are the FDA’s most serious type of recalls. The FDA notes that the use of these products can cause serious injury or death.
- Recalled Product(s): Air Life Humidification Chamber & Heated Breathing Circuit Kits
- Model/Item Numbers: See complete list
- Lot Codes: AH290, AH132, AH265, AH202, and AH280
- Manufacturing Dates: May 18, 2017 to September, 28, 2017
- Distribution Dates: July 3, 2017 to November 10, 2017
- Devices Recalled in the U.S.: 16,670 units nationwide
For more information on this important recall and what to do if you believe you are affected, please read the FDA’s press release.