Respiratory Health Association, a member of the US COPD Coalition, invites you to submit nominations recognizing individuals who have made outstanding contributions to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) research to improve the quality of life for those living with COPD.
Purpose: This notice announces a nationwide call for award nominations for The Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD. In memory of her husband, Mr. Jerold Solovy, Kathleen Hart Solovy wishes to help reduce the burden of COPD upon those affected by the disease by supporting local COPD research efforts to the benefit of society. In recognition of Mr. and Mrs. Solovy’s commitment to reducing the burden of COPD upon the community and to recognize and inspire innovation and continued progress among local health professionals, Respiratory Health Association has established The Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD.
Award Description:This annual award recognizes outstanding contributions to COPD research which improves the quality of life for those living with COPD. One award will be given. The recipient will receive $20,000 to be used for COPD research as the awardee deems fit.
Eligibility Criteria:The Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD will be awarded to an individual at any stage of his/her career who has made significant research contributions impacting the field of COPD. The award is made to an individual researcher; this award may recognize lifetime contributions to basic, clinical/translational (including patient-oriented research) and social/behavioral studies.
- The award may recognize either a body of research work accomplished over the career of the awardee or for specific research accomplishments during the year preceding the awardee’s nomination.
- This award is not limited to scientific accomplishment or direct patient care.
Submit a Nomination:
- Complete the Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD Nomination Form – 2021 accessible at RHA website: https://resphealth.org/what-we-offer/research/funding-opportunities/solovy-award-for-advancement-in-copd/
- Submit nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- Submit one letter of recommendation on behalf of nominee outlining his or her qualifications (no more than one page length). Only one recommendation letter per candidate will be accepted.
- Nomination form, CV, and letter of recommendation can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to ATTN: Solovy Award Nomination,
1440 W. Washington Blvd, Chicago, IL, 60607.
Nomination Deadline: Friday, March 15th, 2021 by 5:00PM (CST)
Award Notification: Friday, May 7th, 2021 by 5:00PM (CST)
Award Date: The Solovy Award for Advancement in COPD will be announced on June 1, 2021 to Respiratory Health Association’s stakeholders and community.
For questions, contact: Hannah Mestyanek, MHA at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312-628-0207.