The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), part of the National Institutes of Health, has launched Know the Science, an initiative aiming to clarify and explain scientific topics related to health research. The NCCIH notes that “there is a lot of misinformation out there—from anecdotes disguised as evidence to excessive claims made by supplement manufacturers to TV doctors touting the latest ‘miracle cure’.” Some of the topics covered in the Know The Science website include:
- 9 Questions to Help You Make Sense of Health Research
- The Facts About Health News Stories
- How Medications and Supplements Can Interact
- Natural Doesn’t Necessarily Mean Safer, or Better
- Frequently Asked Questions About Clinical Research
- Beware of Health Scams
All of these resources and much more can be found on the Know The Science website.